|BSB directory||BSB Education||BSB lectures||BSB Mission||Patient Earth|
Our Earth - - Save Earth
CO2 carbon dioxide
All about Air
About BSB - Contact BSB
1000+ webpages for You to get information|
Air - essential for life
Air is a mixture of:
0.039% carbon dioxide
Click for |
more information on
Humans breathe in
~35 pounds of
Some of air's gases remain fairly constant.|
Nitrogen, oxygen and argon make up the chief of these gases at approximately 78, 21, and 1 percent by volume.
Small amounts of water vapor, carbon dioxide, methane, nitrogen dioxide and sulfur dioxide are also part of our air.
Nitrogen (N2) is one of the most common elements that makes up our air and earth. Almost ten pounds of molecular nitrogen occurs over every square inch of the earth’s surface, and yet this is still only 2 % of all nitrogen on, in or above the earth. The remaining 98 percent occurs in the rocks of the earth's crust and mantle, or in tissue.
Oxygen (O2) is important to most living organisms, for it allows food to be "burned" for energy on a cellular level (respiration). When this burning occurs, the oxygen combines with carbon to form carbon dioxide(CO2) which rejoins the atmosphere. An additional use of oxygen is for any extra cellular burning, whether it is during a forest fire, in the combustion engine or at the local power plant.
Green plants, in addition to respiring, photosynthesize when exposed to sunlight. Photosynthesis involves taking CO2 out of the air and converting it to a carbon-based sugar, releasing O2 in the process.
The air picture is not quite complete without argon and sulfur oxides.
Argon is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas.
Sulfur oxides enter the atmosphere from sea spray, from volcanic action, and as a result of biological decay.
So you can see: Air is more than just air - most of all living being need it.
When we produce air pollution we lower the quality of our air.
If air pollution gets too high humans get sick or die.
CO2 carbon dioxide
Cap and trade
BSB Information on Air:|
- Humans and all mammals
- need healthy air to survive!
- Air has no borders.
- It travels around Earth.
Earth facts + numbers
Solar system Earth
Life on Earth
Keep Earth clean
Why Keep Earth?
Info about NASA
Earth from Space
BSB Information on Earth:|
- Why is Earth called the blue planet?
- Why Earth has continents?
- Why Earth has earthquakes?
- Earth, the only home for Humans?
- Earth's solar system is special
- Why is Earth sick?
- Earth climate is changing
- Earth uncountable species
- Astonishing photos from Earth
Air and water vapor = clouds|
Imagine Air without water molecules...
Why Earth has water
The H in H2O
Power from Water
Tips how to save water
Water + Energy
Water + Trees
Thirsty for water
Water Drought article
BSB Information on Water:|
- Why does all life on Earth depend on water?
- Why are the oceans salty?
- Why Water is a very special 'juice'?
- Humans can live without food for weeks, but
- without water we will die after 3 days.
- Why do Humans use huge amounts of water to produce electricity?
- Is salt-water more heavy?
- Why can water dissolve so many substances?
- Does water expand when it gets warmer?
We have only this one little planet EARTH to live on!|
Let's take care of it,
save it for the next generation.
Members of Bear Springs Blossom Nature Conservation have a great mission:|
Information and Education for all who are interested in Nature conservation.
BSB is an international charitable nonprofit-Organization 501(c)(3)
BSB offers Conservation education online!
Think about and see how wonderful our Earth was created..
See graphics of Earth's solar system
Facts on Earth's Atmosphere
Read about Life on Earth
Live in Harmony with Nature + Learn to understand Nature!
|BSB preserves About BSB Lectures Help Join|
|+ + +||Update Your|
To have a better life!
To have a more secure future!
P + M book
Keep Earth clean
Laws of Nature
WHAT did God say?
|Fair Use Notice|
All material on over 1000 BSB web-pages is intended to advance understanding of the environmental, social, scientific, and economic issues of Nature conservation. We believe this constitutes a "fair use" of any copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the U.S. Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed an interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from our websites for purposes of your own that go beyond "fair use," you must obtain permission from the copyright owner. If you are the owner of copyrighted material(s) appearing on this site, and wish it to be removed, please contact us directly.